Asics Kayano 23
The Kayano 23 provides the same high stability ride found in previous editions, but introduces Asics’ new Flytefoam® cushioning system to reduce the weight of the shoe and increase the responsiveness over previous technologies. A seamless upper provides a glove-like fit throughout your run and GEL cushioning helps minimize impact. Guidance systems such as DUOMAX™, Guidance Line®, and Asics’ Impact Guidance system (I.G.S.®) provide extreme control for overpronation and hypermobile feet.
Updates from previous model:
- New Flytefoam system in midsole for reduced weight and increased rebound upon impact
- Seamless FluidFit upper for snug and comfortable feel
- Weight: 11.5oz
- Fit: Average
- Stack Height: 22mm heel, 12mm forefoot
- Pitch: 10mm
- Orthotic Friendly: Yes - for severe overpronators
- Removable Insole: Yes
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL® Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- FluidFit® Upper - ASICS FluidFit® upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- FluidRide® Midsole - FluidRide® provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Guidance Line® - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling around the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- Trusstic System® - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoes
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) - ASICS design philosophy that employs lined componentry to enhance the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- Durasponge ® Outsole - A blown AHAR rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the forefoot and crash pad
- Comfordry™ X-40 Sockliner - this premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability
- Heel Clutching System™ Technology - Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- DUOMAX™ Support System - A dual-density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport-specifically