After winning "Best Update" in Runner's World 2013 Winter Shoe Guide (Dec. 2013), New Balance had one thought in mind for the shoe's sequel:
The 890v5 takes the greatness of its predecessor to a whole new level by bringing the same great fit and features back and finding other ways to improve! ABZORB heel crash pads, a REVlite midsole and a flexible outsole give the shoe a lightweight and cushioned ride that has support in all the right areas. The other main area of improvement is the upper, which now features no-sew seamless construction to give the shoe a sock-like fit. The 890v5 excels as a lightweight neutral trainer that gives more support than a minimal support without adding too much baggage.
Weight: 8.6 oz
Stack Height: 19mm heel, 11mm toe
Fit: Standard fit
Removable insole: Yes
Orthotic/insole friendly: Yes
- REVlite midsole provides lightweight and responsive cushioning
- ABZORB crash pad in heel stabilizes and cushions hindfoot on heel strike
- Outsole flexibility allows foot to make full ground contact and smooth foot transition
- Blown rubber in forefoot cushions foot during toe off
- PL-8 Running last to guide foot through gait cycle
- Rounded toebox for increased toe splay.